List of 13 programs, one primary and 12 optional programs offered at The Historic Ranche at Fish Creek Provincial Park, established 1873.
1. The “Distinguished 3 Rancher’s who called The Historic Ranche home; John Glenn, William Roper Hull and Senator Patrick Burns, voted Alberta’s Greatest Citizen!
Note: This is the only non-optional program offered during school visits, this is e famous Ranchers who called the Ranche home.
2. Famous N.W.M.P. Guides, William Parker and Young Fred Bagley the 15 year old bugler
3. Spiritual Protectors/Vision Quests & Aboriginal Sign Language
4. The arrival of the Canadian Pacific Railway to Calgary, August 11th, 1883
5. Canada’s First Cowboys- “Home on The Rugged Range”/History of The Chuckwagon Races and Cattle Brands
6. Famous Metis Characters, Buffalo hunts and The Red River Carts
7. Alberta’s Train Robbers , Horse Thieves and Cattle Rustlers
8. Historic French roots in Calgary & the History of Quebec’s Poutine
9. The Birth of our beautiful Province, September 1st, 1905
10. The First Calgary Stampede- September 1912, according to Guy Weadick, the founder “A Humdinger of a time!”
11. “We Struck Oil!!”- Great Oil discoveries & early vehicles in Alberta.
12. “Alberta Ranchers off to The Great War”
13. Basic song writing tips from The History Wrangler- “Let’s write a song!”